October 17, 2011

What I would like to achieve as artist

Even though I have always seen myself as a writer, I never really made my goals clear - also not to myself. I simply wrote, dreaming of being published one day. Now, in a break between writing stuff I  for money and going to a class at a polytechnic, I find some time to think about this.
I have recently read Jermaine Jackson's book "You are not alone" in which he describes the life of his brother Michael through the eyes of a brother. He told a story about how Michael used to write his dream on the steamed mirror in the bathroom. From other sources (e.g. his own book Moonwalker, interviews etc) I also know that Michael always visualized his dreams coming true. And he dreamed big. He had his goals and he worked hard to make them come true. Again, I take my inspiration from Michael Jackson. 


But what are my dreams as an artist? Do I dare to dream big or am I too attached to "reality"? I think, it's time to leave the doubters and bullies behind - the ones who tell me I am not good at anything.
I dream of publishing a book next year. A book that will make it to the top of book lists. A book that will be number one and sell millions of copies all over the world. First in English speaking countries and then all over the rest of the world. I dream of well known people to come to me, asking to sign a copy of my book and I dream of being able to use the money I earn to live the way I would like to live
After the first book, which will be a fictional book, I would like to publish more books, which all should make their way into the Top10 of top seller lists


I would like people to be interested in my books, be moved by them, be inspired.


And I will dedicate every single book I write to Michael Jackson - because without him, I wouldn't even have made it through my childhood and teenage years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment